Facilities & Services
Mt Stirling’s main hub and facilities are located at Telephone Box Junction, approximately 8 km drive from the base of the mountain.
At Telephone Box Junction you will find:
- Visitor Centre – discover all you need to know about the various trails and activities available on the mountain
- Ski Hire – rent toboggans, waterproof clothing, snowshoes, cross-country and telemark skis for adults and children
- The Mt Stirling Cafe. The place to grab great home-made food, including tea and coffee, a range of sweet treats, tasty toasties, sausage rolls, pies - and of course excellent service and local knowledge!
- Ski School - regular lessons are offered for adults and children of all ages, as well as school group programs and social tours
- First Aid Centre and the Ski Patrol base – get advice on the alpine conditions or seek medical assistance from the friendly and capable Ski Patrol team
- Public shelter – warm up beside the cosy fireplace in the public shelter, the perfect spot to enjoy a post-ski hot chocolate
Public toilets can be found behind the Visitor Centre at Telephone Box Junction, and are also situated at key locations around the mountain including Cricket Pitch, King Saddle, Razorback Hut, Bluff Spur Hut, Howqua Gap and at GGS Hut near the summit.
The above facilities at Telephone Box Junction are available only during the snow season.