31 October 2019:
You can almost smell summer in the air! The flowers are popping up and the mountain is greening up nicely.
TODAY the Circuit Road beyond Telephone Box Junction reopens as does the Corn Hill Road from Mt Buller over to Stirling.
This weekend marks the official start of the rolling opening of the trails so why not make a plan to get out and enjoy the trails on foot, on horseback, on a bike or in the trusty 4WD. There are lots of ways to explore Mt Stirling, or head over to Craig's Hut for and get your Man from Snowy River vibe happening. Check out Activities page for hook ups if you'd like to join a guided hike, a bike tour, 4WD trip or a trail ride. Or just get out and enjoy it at your own speed.
A FEW THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT STIRLS IN THE SUMMERTIME
- It's a big backyard and in summer the gate is open and it's FREE to explore and enjoy
- Cooling off in the Delatite River at the end of a hike or a ride
- Taking in the views up at the summit - sunrise and sunset are sensational of course but with 360 views anytime of day is pretty amazing
- Finding a new view around every bend in the road
- Those tall, tall trees...
- Pitching a tent at the Cricket Pitch and sleeping under the stars
- Saying hi to the lyre birds
- Taking only photos and leaving only footprints
- That incredible smell of the Aussie bush
- Morning tea at the Stirling Cafe and that second serve of cake...
Tell us what YOU love about Mt Stirling - or better yet share your photos and show us over on Facebook or the Gram #mtstirling @mtstirling
- The Stirling Cafe will reopen for weekends and public holidays from December through to Easter.
- The Howqua Gap Track up to the Mt Stirling summit will open to 4WDs and motorbikes from 29 November through to early May. This delayed opening allows the final snows to melt away and the track to firm up so you don't get bogged. Please follow all road and safety signage when you are in the resort. It's there to keep you safe and to protect fragile terrain.
If you are planning a visit soon browse this site where you'll find trail maps, helpful tips and contacts for activities, live views on the webcams and more.
Need to chat to someone and get some local intel? Call the Resort Management on (03) 5777 6077.